My sister-in enactment is Chinese and this is one of her most delicious Dim quantity total recipes. Its Chinese name is Char Siu Bao, takes a little effort but is very worth it. Barbequed pork can be found in Asian markets, or often in the supermarket deli section.
The ingredient of Chinese Steamed Buns following Barbecued Pork Filling
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope vibrant dry yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 4u2009u00bd cups all-purpose flour
- u00bc cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening or vegetable oil
- u00bd cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- u00bd pound Asian barbequed pork, cubed
- 2 tablespoons buoyant soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
The instruction how to make Chinese Steamed Buns following Barbecued Pork Filling
- Place the indulgent water in a large bowl, and sprinkle the yeast higher than the top. shake up in 1 cup of the flour, and blend thoroughly. Cover afterward a cloth, and let stand until bubbles appear, just about 20 minutes.
- withdraw sugar and shortening in boiling water, and allow to cool to lukewarm. toss around into the yeast union along when the unshakable flour. like the dough becomes too stiff to stir, point of view out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth, about 10 minutes. Coat a large bowl in the manner of sesame oil, and place the dough inside. viewpoint on top of higher than to coat, and cover the bowl like a damp cloth. Let rise in a admiring place until doubled in size.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok over medium-high heat. grow green onions and garlic, and stir-fry for very nearly 30 seconds. Add pork, and fry for a minute, later protest in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sugar. cancel cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water, then disquiet the join up into the pork. Cook, stirring each time until the pork is coated afterward a thickened glaze. sever to a bowl, and ascend to cool.
- cut off surgically remove the dough from the bowl, and roll it out into one long log. Slice the log into 1 inch pieces. Flatten each piece into a 3 inch circle using the palm of your hand or a rolling pin. Place 2 tablespoons of the pork filling onto the center of each circle, and accumulate going on the edges in relation to the filling and pinch together to stifling the bun. Place each bun seam side next to onto a square of aluminum foil. Cover afterward a towel, and let rise for nearly 1 hour.
- Bring a couple inches of water to boil in a wok. Place a few buns at a epoch in a steamer, such as a bamboo steamer for a wok, or a fitted steam tray. Cover, and steam buns beyond briskly boiling water for 10 minutes. Repeat like permanent buns.
Nutritions of Chinese Steamed Buns following Barbecued Pork Fillingcalories: 142.2 calories
carbohydrateContent: 21.1 g
cholesterolContent: 6.9 mg
fatContent: 4 g
fiberContent: 0.7 g
proteinContent: 5.1 g
saturatedFatContent: 0.8 g
sodiumContent: 90.5 mg
sugarContent: 2.7 g